Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sight Word Uno Games

I have adapted Kelly Nyman's sight word uno game for Macmillan Treasures grade one.  There is a set for each unit.  The game follows the same rules as the traditional Uno game.  Each player gets 5 cards.  Turn the first card over.  In turn, each player will match either the word on the card or the animal on the card.  When a student plays a card, he/she must read the word correctly.
There are wild cards, wild draw 4 cards and draw 2 cards.  When a player doesn't have a card that will play, he/she  will draw a card from the draw pile.
(I have the students draw only one card so the game doesn't last too long.)
When a player has one card left they say, "Uno."  The first player to get rid of all of his/her cards wins.
Sight Word Uno Unit 1  
Sight Word Uno Unit 2 
Sight Word Uno Unit 3 

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

These are wonderful Liz! Thank you so much!

I just discovered your blog. I am a 1st grade teacher too! =)

Be sure and add a followers button when you get the chance. You can go to design and then choose layout. Choose add a gadget and the followers should be the 9th choice.

I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

Heather
Heather's Heart

Cindy said...

I love Kelly's site. I use all of her games and make them work for me. I love your UNO games. Very cute.
I'm a follower....
KindergartenLove.

Post a Comment