I have adapted Kelly Nyman's sight word uno game for Macmillan Treasures grade one. There is a set for each unit. The game follows the same rules as the traditional Uno game. Each player gets 5 cards. Turn the first card over. In turn, each player will match either the word on the card or the animal on the card. When a student plays a card, he/she must read the word correctly.
There are wild cards, wild draw 4 cards and draw 2 cards. When a player doesn't have a card that will play, he/she will draw a card from the draw pile.
(I have the students draw only one card so the game doesn't last too long.)
When a player has one card left they say, "Uno." The first player to get rid of all of his/her cards wins.
Sight Word Uno Unit 1
Sight Word Uno Unit 2
Sight Word Uno Unit 3
BACK to 1st grade...
-
After 10 wonderful years of teaching STEM, I am moving on to my next
adventure—back to first grade!
When STEM was removed from our special-area rotation,...
2 months ago
2 comments:
These are wonderful Liz! Thank you so much!
I just discovered your blog. I am a 1st grade teacher too! =)
Be sure and add a followers button when you get the chance. You can go to design and then choose layout. Choose add a gadget and the followers should be the 9th choice.
I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.
Heather
Heather's Heart
I love Kelly's site. I use all of her games and make them work for me. I love your UNO games. Very cute.
I'm a follower....
KindergartenLove.
Post a Comment