This morning I discovered Scholastic has non-fiction Listen and Read e-books. And, they are free! There are science and social studies topics. I can see these being used at my computer center. Check them out here.
BACK to 1st grade...
-
After 10 wonderful years of teaching STEM, I am moving on to my next
adventure—back to first grade!
When STEM was removed from our special-area rotation,...
HOW TO CREATE A NUMERACY-RICH ENVIRONMENT
-
Creating a classroom environment that equips students with the tools and
resources they need to be successful is one of the most important jobs we
have as ...
Teacher Toolbox Make Over
-
Let's talk about the teacher toolbox.
For the last couple of years I've had a teacher toolbox in my classroom.
Once I had gotten rid of my teacher desk it ...
Ease Into Engagement
-
Everyone is talking about engagement.
- songs
- chants
- picture books
- room transformations
- costumes
- props
It can be a little...
Digital Citizenship Article
-
In the article “Developing Digital Citizens” by Venessa Monterosa
the author gives tips to help start a conversation in a district about what
step...
My Favorite Teaching Uniform...And It's On Sale!
-
My favorite teaching uniform is on sale! I jokingly call it a uniform
because it gets me through the fall, winter, and spring and I have it in
multiple ...
Alphapalooza 2 Phonemic Awareness & Phonics Fun!
-
“The two best predictors of early reading success are alphabet recognition
and phonemic awareness.”
-Marilyn Jager Adams
We spend a lot of time working ...
Hey Teachers....It's OKAY.
-
*Yes YOU.*
The one whose weary body hits snooze 5 times before hurriedly rushing out
the door to get to school on time.
I'm talking to you.
The perm...
Apple Day!
-
It’s Apple Day! We had a lot of fun learning about Apples and Johnny
Appleseed this week. We started the morning with apple tasting. We tasted
red delicio...
Your Class List: Whine and Wine
-
Do you get a class list before school starts? I don't know about you but I
am always anxious to look at my class list to see if I will be getting the
annoy...
Public Service Announcement
-
In lieu of this week's Five for Fraturday installment, I am bringing you a
Public Service Announcement.
That's me. I'm *all about *being a public servant....
Eureka... 5 weeks in.
-
Well, we are on our fifth week of school. Today I completed lesson 14 in
Module 1. Yes, I am sticking to one lesson a day, for four lessons a week.
I de...
Jeremiah 17:7- Trusting AND Hoping in the LORD
-
Blessed is in the man who trusts in the LORD, And who hope is the LORD.
-Jeremiah 17:7
This morning I was reflecting on Jeremiah 17:7. In particular, I was...
My name is Liz Lilly and I have been teaching for 24 years. During the 2010-2011 school year I was honored to be selected as my school's teacher of the year and a finalist for the county. I look forward to an exciting year with my first graders!
1 comments:
Hi, Mrs. Lilly! My classroom theme is frogs! I love it because my favorite color is green.
I have given you an award! Check my blog to nab it :)
Jenna
Miss Fuerst's Reading Adventures
Post a Comment