Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rekenrek Board

In an early post, I linked a website that has many math resources. One of the resources showed how to make your own Rekenrek frame. I decided to make these for my classroom. I took my husband with me as I searched for the materials. As we shopped, he decided that the frames would be more sturdy if made from wood. So my project became his project. The picture shows the final project. He cut the wood, sanded, painted, cut the metal rods, glued them into the frame with the beads on them. This was by far the easiest project I have done. Lesson learned: Take my husband with me when shopping for a project. He will make it bigger, better and he will do all of the work. I believe he wins the husband of the week award this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment