- Cut 8 1/2 x 11 copy paper into quarters.
- Give each student 4 pieces of paper.
- Students label the top of each page: baby, 1 year old, 3 years old, today(that way age is not an issue with students who have been retained)
- Students draw a picture of what they could do at each age and write a sentence about it.
- Give each student a 9 X 18 sheet of construction paper - any color
- Students glue their pictures in order along the bottom of the paper
- Students write My Timeline across the top.
I encourage the students to use color in their drawings and let them use markers to write the title.